Our history dates back to 1906 with the founding of the Walker & Gillette partnership in New York. The Group evolved over many generations through a series of transitions in response to the changing corporate world that we operate in today.
The UK practice was founded as Aukett in London in 1972, and in 1988 became listed on the Official List of the London Stock Exchange under the name of Aukett Associates. The Group transferred to the Alternative Investment Market in April 2006 following the reverse takeover of Fitzroy Robinson Ltd (est. 1955) and renamed itself as Aukett Fitzroy Robinson Group Plc.
In 2013 the company acquired Swanke Hayden Connell in the UK, (the successor to Walker & Gillette), and re-named under the current brand of Aukett Swanke Group Plc. Other acquisitions followed in the Middle East in 2015 and 2016 (John R Harris est. 1949 and Shankland Cox est. 1962).
Our evolution has resulted in an enviable network of offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Berlin, Dubai, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Moscow and Prague; all with long track records of designing and delivering buildings for a great diversity of client organisations. The offices operate in a variety of arrangements including wholly owned subsidiaries, joint ventures, associate and licensee businesses.
The benefits of our heritage and longevity are demonstrated by the strength of our practice, our pursuit of excellence in our client relationships and our economic and commercial sustainability. This is reflected in the many public accolades and awards received for our work during our long history.